Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Water: Skin Care 4 Self Care

Greetings to You!

I hope you are embracing your autumn blessed. Out here in the pacific northwest (pnw) we are starting to get a little more rain and the leaves have turned into pillars of fire dancing in the soft cool wind. I notice as you may also every turn of season I tend to not feel the need to drink water. I know my body needs it. So, what is happening exactly?


The reality is we are most often chronically dehydrated and not even aware of it. By the time we actually feel thirsty we are lacking proper fluids for our skin to function. The skin cells will happily give water to the vital organs to keep you alive before it keeps your supple skin beautiful. During hotter months we thirst quicker than during cooler months. Yet we still need the same amount of water if not more to keep our bodies cool, or warm.


I've learned to drink water at room temperature year round to be consistent in hydrating my body. I drink water 15 minutes before a meal and 30 minutes after a meal. Anytime I feel the urge to snack, I drink water first! Sometimes our bodies are looking for hydration and the urge feels more like hunger.


So, you don't like to drink a lot of water? Instead of other beverages try raw fruits and veggies. They contain water and your body will absorb it readily. Eating these everyday also helps keep your body hydrated.


During these times your skin may start to feel drier from moving from cold air to warm air frequently. My advice is to keep a bottle of your oil free spray moisturizer close by to spray your skin anytime you feel drier than usual. And, also keep a bottle of water handy for internal use!


Enjoy your autumn, keep drinking your water. Alkaline is best! I like the taste of spring water personally. I'll alkaline it by adding a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.


Love Power!
Crystal, LE


ps - For beautiful skin and body drink a minimum of half your body weight in water daily...Need more info? Click here for wellness coaching at your fingertips!

No comments:

Post a Comment